About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Tears and Tantrums

This morning my allocated breast cancer nurse rang me up to make an appointment. This is when it all became real. After booking her in to come and see me on Monday I went and laid in bed and sobbed for about an hour. It really hit me, that I had breast cancer, and the fear was overwhelming.

All the negative thoughts raced through my head, my poor husband who I’d only been married to for less than 3 months, what if I was going to die, would he be able to pay the mortgage without me, what if Chemotherapy made me lose my hair and he’d not find me attractive…. I know this all must sound silly but the ‘C’ word, Cancer there I said it, is bloody scary.

So anyway, after my tantrum of tears I then realised that my periods had come so maybe I was over-reacting a little bit and all I needed was a bar of chocolate. But, in the fear of dying I decided to only put fruit, veg, pulses and nuts into my body so a bar of chocolate was out of the question. So I went crazy and opted for a cup of calming Camomile tea. Which actually worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment