About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Monday 17 August 2009

It's been a while...

I've not blogged for ages. In fact, I've not done anything for ages.

To be honest, I'm exhausted. I'm not sure if it's the chemo, the fact that I've not left the sofa for weeks or just relief that I'm nearly there. But I'm pooped. I have no energy at all. And I'm so bloody bored!

But, I had my last chemo a few weeks ago, it was the worst one of the lot, it really zonked me out and maybe that's why I'm feeling like this.

But maybe, what's really happening is that I'm scared.

No more chemo.

Don't get me wrong, I hate chemo. But now that it's over, what now? I've got radiotherapy and pills to take for 5 years, but chemo kills cancer cells, and whilst having chemo I felt safe.

I think I'm making myself a bit depressed at the thought of cancer coming back, and when I think about it, it makes me cry... like now.

The thought of cancer coming back is frightening.

1 comment:

  1. I'll pass on some advice that was given to me ... give yourself 24 hours to think about it, worry about, cry about it and then try and move on. It may take a few tries but it does get easier.

    Sending you strength and courage.

    ReplyDelete