About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Friday 2 October 2009

Mashed Up Head

Ok, so I 'can' admit. I'm suffering from stress, exhaustion, trauma etc...

It's tough to admit it but I'm glad that I can. I also thought people who went to councelling and took 'happy pills' were too weak to help themselves so they relied on pills and therapists to mend them. But actually, they're the strong one's. Weak people are the one's who are too scared to admit they need help and pretend they're okay... that used to be me.

I've stored my sad emotions all year to keep myself strong through the operation and treatment and now its over, those emotions have been released and are all over the place! But at least I can admit it, and I'm going to take the rest of the year off work to sort myself out.

What I'm going to do I don't know. But I can't sit in my lounge anymore; I'll go mad! Not sure what to do... but I think I need to get away somewhere.... I just need the radiotherapy burns to heal and then I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment