About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Mouth Sores

I had to go to the dr's yesterday.

Throughout the day my throat seemed as though it was swelling from the inside and it was so painful when I swallowed and not to be too rude...but everyone does it....when I burped (am such a lady!) it bloody hurt!

I assumed it was a throat infection and I'd be sent on my way with a dose of antibiotics. So I was completely surprised that the dr said I had a huge sore at the back of my tongue!

I've heard of mouth sores after chemo, and last month I did get them inside my cheeks which was a pain but bearable, but this monstrous sore had grown at the back on my tongue just touching my throat and it horrible.

And to make it worse (seriously.... I need a break here!!) I got another one on the other side of my tongue today.

I feel battered and bruised, am so so fed up. Hopefully I may get a normal day soon, a day when I just feel fine.

Hmph... to just be normal again...I'll never complain that my life is boring...I'll never complain that I wish I had something I don't, in fact I don't want to ever wish for anything. I want to be content with what I have; if I've got my hair, a normal weight and my health... that's all I want back...

Oh and my hub,
(4 weeks till he's home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment