About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Friday 12 June 2009

An Update of Bits and Bobs...

It didn't seem to make any sense that the hub is off on the lions tour and I'd not seen a game yet as we don't have Sky Sports. For the past few weeks I've been watching the teletext updates during the game like a saddo, that gives 5 minute updates on who's doing what (It HAS to be one of the most boring ways to watch sport ever!).

Anyway, last Sunday I had the genius idea of getting Sky Sports for 1 month so that I can watch the game and was delighted that they offered it to me half price! So this Wednesday I watched my first 'real' Lions game with my girlfriends and a bottle of champagne, totally fabulous...especially as they kicked some butt... so exciting! I also wore the special gift that my 2 friends Nicole and Mel bought me which was a Lions shirt with Bown on the back...so cute! And I love it!!

This was the start of a gift extravaganza this week as Thursday my cousin and his girlfriend came for dinner and they'd bought me a huge goody bag of girlie treats including a hot water bottle, snuggly socks, moisturising hand gloves, Galaxy chocolate, lotions, potions and herbal tea (which my cousin's girlfriend had researched to see what treats i'd need during chemo...again so cute!).

And then the most bonkers of gifts arrived through the post this week... a Wonderwoman towelling robe to give me super powers during chemo which arrived from my friend Julie. It has to be one of the cleverest gifts ever and I'll let you know if it does really give me super powers!

Hey, this chemo stuff isn't too bad on the gifts front...I've recieved flowers, cupcakes, magazine subscriptions, pink wig, head scarves, loads of chocolate, manicures, Molton Brown goodies.... its brill!!

Today I had a pooey day of having 'another' tooth infection so I'm on antibiotics and also 3 cold sores have appeared on my bottom lip (which is weird, I thought you had to catch coldsores...so who did I catch them from to have 3 on my bottom lip???!!!!) so it's been an evening of lying on the sofa feeling sad and sorry for myself. But I've just now cracked open the Galaxy chocolate, am wearing the moisturising white hand gloves and the lions shirt and also the wonderwoman dressing gown... it's so rock and roll for a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment