About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Fabulous (but exhausting) Birthday

Well my birthday this year was brilliant. The hub and I went to a fabulous Michelin star restaurant for lunch and then I spent the evening with a group of friends and I'm excited to say that I stayed out till 1am (although I think that's due to the amount of Diet Coke I drank!).

I did wake up the next morning shattered; still suffering with 'chemo tiredness' I could only last a few hours at my mum's house for a bbq before crashing out in bed and I was gutted to miss the U2 gig that my husband had tickets for, but I knew my body was exhausted and I couldn't move off the sofa. It's really hard having to listen to your body, but with it suffering so much trauma over the past few months, it's imperative to rest when your body needs it. This is something that I've found difficult at first to deal with as I've always pushed myself but at this point, I was beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment