About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Wednesday 8 July 2009

It's a Miracle!

I can see!

Since the age of 16 I've worn glasses. And I've always been too vain to wear them as much as I should do. But for driving, cinema, gigs, matches.. I have to wear them.

But last week I noticed that my eyes seem to work without glasses. It's so strange.

Could it be the chemo?
My dad thinks its the amount of carrots I juice (I thought carrots made you see in the dark, not see generally!)

And my mum noticed that my eyes have changed colour. I used to have dark brown eyes, now they're light brown. Very light brown. And the hub noticed yesterday that they're clear with no speckly bits.

Is this the cure for bad eye sight, to have chemo? or eat 6 carrots juiced with oranges, strawberries and blueberries...? eitherway, its amazing.

I had my eye's tested the week I was waiting for my biopsy, I'm going to get them tested again after I finish my chemo to see how much they've improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment