About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Monday 20 July 2009

My First Tattoo....

Well I've always wanted to have one and now I've got one, well 3, but I can only find 1 of them!

I went for my radiotherapy planning last week and they tattooed little dots where they have to line up the plates for the therapy. They're small, like pin pricks, but tattoos none the less so its a little bit exciting!

I met someone a few weeks ago who was 11years clear of breast cancer and still has her radiotherapy tattoos!

I though about doing something bonkers and having a tattoo on my head so when my hair grows over it, no-one will actually see it, but i'll know its there!

Maybe i'll get something rude tattooed on there, something with a 4 letter work, haha! And then when I'm 80 I can shave it off and show my grandkids!

But then sod's law, maybe i'll need chemo again, oh geez how embarrassing would that be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment