About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Thursday 9 July 2009

A West Walian Wedding

Well the hub has settled back home quite nicely; his unpacking all over the floor, take-aways and eating out since he's been home and is today enjoying a boozy day at the Ashes... it's like he's never been away!

Where as me, I'm running up and down the stairs trying to get my bits and bobs together for a weekend in the Gower for a wedding. We're leaving tomorrow morning to enjoy the weekend together so we're hopefully heading off in the morning (bet I'm driving cause the hub is gonna be hungover from the cricket!) and then going for lovely walks along the beach (hopefully not on my own whilst the hub sleeps off his hangover!).

The wedding's Saturday and I've had a nightmare trying to find an outfit, it's not easy. I've gone up 2 dress sizes and although I did try to squeeze into most outfits, I had to give in and go for a more 'comfortable'option of a flowy dress that will hopefully hide my lady (and steroids) bumps. I'm still unsure what to wear on my head, I now feel silly in a wig, and I also feel silly in my hat. I'll probably take both with me and see how I feel on the day, I just hope a tantrum isn't brewing as it usually does when I'm due to leave the house as I feel so weird having no hair. But my mum did remind me today... this time next month I'll be finishing my last chemo... :-) so my hair will start to hopefully shoot out super fast as I've always had fast growing hair.

Anyway, that's Saturday. And then Sunday, the bride and groom are hosting a pre-wedding Hawaiin BBQ. I've got my grass skirt, black long hair wig, garlands and head piece and am really excited to have hair again for a day, it feels like real hair and if it wasn't so long I'd wear it to the wedding day itself! So am looking forward to spending time with the hub and seeing my friends for the weekend. I'm also excited about having a 'drink' although I know my alcohol tolerance is on the floor, so 1 or 2 vodkas and it'll be bed time!

I'll blog again with West Walian Wedding news and hopefully no embarrassing stories about my wig flying off on the dancefloor after me having 1 drink and thinking i'm George Sampson!

Oh I forgot, chemo next week. It was due tomorrow but I re-scheduled it for next week so that I could go to the wedding. Chemo number 5 people, nearly there...

...life is slowly getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment