About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Another Day....Another Virus....

Surely this can't be happening!!!! All I've had since I've come out of hospital from having my operation is infections followed by a course of anti-biotics.

I only finished the horrible pills last week, then I had a stomach bug (which I think I spread around the office...sorry girls!) and today I woke up feeling like those tigers have mauled me again, given me a headache, shook me till I had the shivers and stuck a cold sore on my lip.

The hub just rang me, he thinks I'm run down. Isn't it horrible whe people tell you that... "You're run down". I know I am. I've tried to act normal and work and live life as I did before cancer but I know my body isn't ready for all of this yet. And I hate being told that I've over done it. But I know I have. I just want to be well again.

So anyway, I need to rest some more. Especially as it's chemo week, I've got 3 days to get better in time for chemo.

I'm just sat on the sofa after changing the channel continulously until my thumb ached. I don't know how people can sit and watch David Dickenson cooing over glass bowls and garden gnomes and find it interesting? Daytime tv is rubbish. I think I'm going to get Sky TV whilst I'm off having chemo, I've ran out of films to watch and I'm one of those saddo's that can watch cookery shows all day every day...I do miss having Sky.

Right, I can tell I'm waffling. I need to go back to bed and rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment