About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Friday 24 April 2009

A Mini Adventure....

....well you're the first to know... I've just come back from a long and boring evening at the hospital....

Today I woke up with a bad headache, an iffy belly and a horrible acidy feeling in the back of my throat. The acidy feeling has been there for a few days but it started to burn when I swallowed fluid. We were due to go to West Wales this evening as we've got a wedding tomorrow but you know when you just don't feel well enough to leave home... 

Anyway,  to save on waffling, after a few phone calls and a check of my temperature (which was 37.99!) the hospital asked me to go in and to pack an overnight bag in case I needed to stay in. So off we went and I had blood tests, a heart xray and various other tests to see if i'd had an infection and phew phee after a long wait... it's all clear. 

Fab news, because if they had kept me in i'd have escaped through the window to make sure I get to this wedding! I need it, I need to see my friends, I need to have some drinks, I need to dance to some cheese and I need to just bloody enjoy myself! It's been ages and I'm so excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment