About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Monday 13 April 2009

Junk Food and Heros

That's it. That's all I've done since my last blog entry...was watch Heros and have take-aways..and I loved it!

After writing about below... our awful day, my hub drove me to Penarth Front where there's a little kiosk that does the best take-away Pizza in the world...Tony's. So we ordered our pizza and sat in the car and ate whilst looking out to the sea.

Wednesday, we had an Indian Takeaway (mainly because I've had a stomach bug and though it was a good idea to help get rid of it!).

Thursday...this is when the Hero fascination began....

Now those who know me know that I hate sci-fi or anything that makes me scared....I even had to stop watching Lost because I had to watch a few scenes through my fingers!!

But anyway, the hub took me to a lovely restaurant and we were so stuffed that we decided to have dessert at home and watch a film. We'd had the Heros series 1 for a while but I thought it sounded rubbish. But having nothing else to watch, we put on the first episode.

HOOKED!

We watch 3 episodes that night, then 4 the night after (after having a fish and chips takeaway). I did have to watch a few scenes through my fingers but I didn't care about feeling scared, it was the most exciting TV show i'd ever seen!

Went to watch the rugby on Saturday, got a Chinese on the way home and watched another 2 episodes..... and then Easter Sunday, shamefully... we woke up at 8.45am, thought we'd just 'watch a quick episode'...12 episodes later (and only eating chocolate eggs as we were too busy watching tv to made food!) we decided to shower and visit family.

Now I've never been addicted to anything before...but I felt myself twitching whilst sat in my mum's lounge. I was twitching because I needed to go home to find out what happened. Only 2 episodes left.... we left my mum's after an hour, made food and watched the last 2 episodes of the series.

Shameful eh! But it's been one of the best weekends i've ever had!

The only thing now is that I don't have a box set to watch whilst I'm in bed getting over chemo...any suggestions...??

1 comment:

  1. These may sound like random suggestions, but they're really fun to watch multiple episodes in a row of - Bones, House, and I've recently gotten into Brothers & Sisters (but that's probably more girly & your hubby may not enjoy it).
    I wish you well in your treatment & recovery. Words from a stranger can't even come close to being the words you need to hear as you experience your own roller coaster of life.
    Take care,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete