About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Thursday 7 May 2009

Chemo Number 2

Oh joy... it's that time again... cleaning in panic to make sure the house is sparkling for chemo...

I think we've cleaned the house more for chemo than when we have guests coming round!

I had my blood tests today to see if I have enough white blood cells to be able to have chemo. I was really worried as I've booked a relaxing girlie holiday for 2 weeks time but if I failed my tests it'd mean that I couldn't go... and I passed! Rock on... and bring on the suntan lotion!

Hair is now horrendous. Patchy baldy bits on my head but at least the soreness has gone. I found a birthmark on my head that I've never seen, obviously as i've never been bald before. But that's sort of cool... finding someone out about myself that I never knew.

So yes, I. Am. Dreading. Chemo. Tomorrow.

But I'm sure nothing can be as bad as it was last time... surely?

Tonight, the hub and I were going to go out for dinner but am so tired, my head is sweaty from hiding behind a cap and I just fancy a takeaway, a good dvd and an early night.

Fingers crossed my next post will be how easy this chemo session was! But if not, it's still 2 down and only 4 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment