About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Patchy

Well I woke up this morning to find most of my hair on the pillow. My head still hurts and I've still got loads of hair but as the day's gone by... I now have 3 bald patches on my head.

I cried this morning, just out of self pity. It's so horrible having to experience it falling out so slowly. I wish that if it was going to all-fall-out, to just all-fall-out. Not to punish me with tufts coming loose and having to pick them up off the floor.

Anyway, today I wore a hat, all day. Even indoors. Tomorrow, who know's what'll be left.

I can hear the hub hoovering the bedroom as I'm typing this. Knowing that it's late and we're going to go to bed he's picking up the loose hairs so that I don't get upset when I go to bed.

Thank god for hubs! I hope he still loves me if I wake up with hair like Phil Mitchell in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment