About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Friday 8 May 2009

Tooth Ache & Chemo & Head Shave... Oh My!

Chemo day... and I woke up with horrendous toothache. Why o' why does my body wish to punish me so badly!

Luckily, my dentist who knows about the peanut sized tumor has been amazing and has seen me at the drop of a hat to help with anything. So off I went at 9am to the dentist who removed the scuzz from my infected tooth and injected me with anti-bacterial fluid to help with the swelling and soreness.

Next door to the dentist was a barber shop, Grooms. Now earlier this morning I woke up to another pillow of hair and also more patches of baldness and I didn't want to be lying in a pool of my own hair whilst I'm in my chemo coma of sickness. So I entered the barbers...

Of course, a girl going into a barbers turns heads and especially as there was no Reception desk so I just had to say to the barber whilst they were mid-cut of someone's hair "My hair has started to fall out and I was hoping you could shave my head" I was mortified.

Anyway, they sat me down and proceeded to shave it off. I told them about the big C and how upsetting it was to lose my hair and then I was surprised that the other barber said that she had cancer 6 years ago and sympathised with me. Off came all my hair and then the tears followed, along with tears from the man getting his hair cut...bless.

But its off, and they wouldn't take any money off me which is so lovely and I received hugs of all the staff and I even gave a kiss on the cheek to the man that had tears streaming down his face as they cut his hair. Oh geez, doorbell...chemo nurse is here... I can't finish my blog and I won't be online until about a week's time....

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Very easy to use. If you ever have any stubborn people like me, have them call me. I would gladly pay over $600 for tooth ache.

    ReplyDelete