About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Sunday 31 May 2009

Race for Life


From left to right, Aunty Mary, Mum and Aunty Tina

The first race for life was today. My mum, aunts, friends and friends of friends embarked on the trek across Blackweir Fields in the boiling heat to raise money for my million pounds challenge. At 11am when the race began I lay on the sofa in my chemo coma and shed a tear for the pride of these people doing it for me.

That afternoon I recieved a text from my friend Nat who said: "I did it for you Kath, I ran the whole way and cried loads, was really emotional"

I'm so lucky, I have amazing friends and family and it doesn't stop there, I have more friends running the race for life, others running half marathons, my friend Neil organising a charity film premiere and other various events throughout the year.

If you're running race for life, or any sporting event and would like the money donated to the million pounds challenge for cancer research, please get in touch with me: katherine@urbantraffic.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment