About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Sunday 3 May 2009

Lois Lane

Wearing a wig is so exciting!

I found a fab wig in Bristol and also bought a few bandanas and hats although I did have tears in Urban Outfitters when I tried on a bandana and I looked like I was bald underneath, that scared me... but its going to happen, very soon too as the hair is slowly dropping out. But I'm lucky that I have loads of hair so it still looks the same even though its crumbling away from my head all day.

Anyway, I wore the wig to the hen party at a dim sum restaurant and I had a blast! Arriving was a bit scary as my work friends hadn't seen my wig but getting ready; I felt like I was about to embark on a secret mission and it felt really exciting! The reason is that I've never had a real fringe, and my wig has a full fringe and is bob length with flicky-outy bits, its fab, so I looked completely different!

And the response was good, especially as I got cold feet about wearing it before leaving the house and then my friend Becki came over and commented on how fab it was (and she's the true test, Becki can't lie, she's too brutally honest and in these situations, I need the truth!) so I felt great!

It did start itching after a few hours and I was relieved to take it off in the car home but I think i've got the bug, more wigs need to be purchased for undercover nights out... ooh maybe i'll get a fake moustache and beard too!

No comments:

Post a Comment