About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Sunday 17 May 2009

The Lion

For those who don't know... a few weeks before our lives were turned upside down... the hub got 'the' phone call for the British Lions tour this year. Now those in the know, know. But those not in the know listen here... the British Lions rugby tour is the best of the best and if you're picked to go, it means that you're the best at what you do, it's an honour to be chosen to represent your country. So the hub being selected to go means that he's reached the pinnacle of his career.... now how can we let cancer get in the way of that!

So some might think it's weird that he's gone, he in fact was going to pull out of going as soon as I was diagnosed but I wouldn't let him, and I don't care what anyone thinks; my husband has achieved something so amazing and that makes me the proudest wife - I'm wasn't prepared to look back on this in years to come and know that he didn't go because I had cancer, him going to the South Africa is proving that we're beating it, cancer hasn't ruined our lives. We currently count our time in chemo sessions, he's only away for 2 chemos and I've had 2 chemos so far and they've flown by, so in 2 chemos time he's back home...

And I've planned loads of things to do whilst he's away; a girle retreat to Spain, caravan weekend in West Wales, a friends hen weekend, visting my sister in London, dinners, lunches, spa days... there's not a weekend free until he's back...

So, Saturday morning with his passport in his pocket, the hub kissed me goodbye; he was heading off to a training camp near London, and me... I was off to Bristol to stay with my cousin to cry, eat comfort food and watch the Eurovision.

I know the time will fly now that he's gone, and I know it's really hard for him being away so I want to make sure he doesn't worry, which means that I have to keep healthy and strong.

Vitamins, fruit and juice, at the ready...!

No comments:

Post a Comment