About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Friday 8 May 2009

Cupcakes

I know I shouldn't be online after having chemo but I needed to put this in because it's completely brightened my day.

Whilst having chemo, which incidentally went horrible... the first chemo felt like my arm was burning, the second chemo felt like my arm was frozen and was going to fall off and the third chemo felt like i'd been punched in the arm and it was numb. Not good.... anyway, during chemo number 1, the doorbell rang and my hub brought in a parcel addressed to me, which is exciting in itself!, and he opened it for me and inside was a beautiful red box tied with ribbon and inside that were 9 brightly coloured cup cakes! 

What a fabulous gift and what brilliant timing! 

So we ate them, all, well there's 1 left (well I had to eat them as I'll be feeling ill in a few hours and for the whole week so I couldn't put them to waste!) And they were the most delicious cakes, the sponge was like fluff!

I want to thank Jess and Chris and the girls for sending them. It really turned a horrible situation into a lovely morning and the timing couldn't been better. 

So now, as the hub is making a cup of tea I'm going to indulge in the last cupcake before the illness really kicks in!


No comments:

Post a Comment