About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bring Back My Thunder!

Just when you think you're doing something great someone comes along and tries to steal your thunder!!

Well as you all know by now, I've had a shitty time dealing with the 'peanut sized tumor'. And in my madness of trying to figure out why me? what do i do? and what next? i decided to raise awareness of breast cancer and try to raise £1million for the cause... which has never been done and no-one has actually tried to do...yet....

It's my way of helping me through this, I like fundraising and my idea of donating just £2 to turn it into a million, i thought was quite perky.... plus i love seeing the £2's rolling in, and the lovely meaningful messages that come in from people i've never met but who want to help raise the money. So its helping me through this horrendous time, and i secretly thought i was on to something really clever...

But it seems that my idea is too good...and others have taken on board my miraculous fundraising idea and are doing the same.

Now i am not being petty here, it's all in the name of charity and i'm definitely in support of that...but this week; to launch the same thing... for the same end figure... by donating the same amount... and pretty much having a very similar justgiving page...

So am a bit upset, and probably being a bit over dramatic cause as you saw from my last blog posting i'm in a bit of discomfort...and i'm a women so i can exaggerate a bit too, but i thought my idea was genius and was excited to be the first to do it...

Anyway, I just needed to offload, that's what a blog is for.

Keep the fundraising going though crazy kids, it all goes to the same place in the end anyway!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment