About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Pills n' Thrills

Bloody hell.

A trip to the dentist for what I thought was a filling coming loose, has evolved into a mouth and throat infection and a 7 day dose of Metronidazole. And to make it worse, 400mg twice a day of each annoying tablet.

Now I took this drug a few years ago, but only 200mg and it wiped me out for a week.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!

Is there someone 'up there' testing my patience because it's not working. I hate feeling wiped out. Although...maybe someone 'up there' is getting me ready for chemo? Ok, rant over, maybe its a good thing.

But still, I went to work today...I'm one of those saddo's that loves their job. It's only 4 days a week but the job is great and I work with a fab bunch of people. For such a huge company it's suprising how many people know each other, socalise together and have fun working together. So today was great and I felt human again and hoped to work all week from the office. But I know after taking the first tablet, I'm going to be stuck in bed. Still working though, my brain still needs to function! But none the less, stuck in bed.

It's also my friends hen weekend this weekend, so when I was diagnosed I pulled out of her fabulously bonkers burlesque weekend in Brighton. Am so gutted, the hen is one of the great party people in my life who loves a good drink of wine and gets the stained red teeth to prove it!

I know its going to be an amazing weekend but I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself with this big flickery 'C' on my head. So when we got invited to a housewarming party this Saturday I thought it was the perfect low-key and tame excuse for a good drink. In fact, the new lady of the manor found out about my big 'C' when in France so bought a bottle of Bollinger on her way back and told me that we'd devour it at her house warming.

But sod's bloody law, I'm on horse pills that I can't even sniff at alcohol without passing out, in fact I can't even drink 7 days after taking them. So great, no hen do, no house warming...

Roll on September. Hopefully this will all be over by then. Chemo meeting tomorrow so I'll find out my treament plan. I hope it's quick, painless and the 'C' is rid forever...

...who am I trying to kid!

ps. notice I can't say the 'C' word anymore. It's p*ssed me off too much....no kids for 5 years, no hen do and now...no bloody Bollinger!

No comments:

Post a Comment