About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Saturday 21 March 2009

The Slump...diagnosed!

Well there had to be a reason why I was experiencing 'the slump'. And after a visit to the dr's yesterday I found out that I have an infection...in the water and needed anti-biotics. But apparently it's common to have it after an operation as the anaesthetic dehydrates you which can cause an infection in you water. There's something new I learnt today!

So I did make it to the rugby today, and I've just got home totally exhausted. I was trying to not get too caught up in screaming and shouting and sat there calming trying to compose myself but all i wanted to do was scream 'C'mon Referee!!' But although Wales lost I had a fab day catching up with the girls, and the WRU advertised www.themillionpoundschallenge.co.uk on postcards in all of the hospitality boxes and also as a banner underneath the coaches box. I did have to speak to a cameraman during half time to make sure that they left the camera on for long enough so that people could read it...and they did, bless. It was so exciting!!

I also met someone today who is going through what i'm going through and it felt wonderful to finally meet someone just like me. Well she's a few weeks ahead of me but had the same type of cancer and she's just started chemotherapy so i can't wait to hook up with her again and grill her about everything that's to come.

Right, its nearly 10.30pm and i need to rest.

Don't forget its Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment