About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Monday 16 March 2009

D-Day

Well what an exciting weekend! I've been inundated with lovely messages from people i've never met who have read about my blog and http://www.themillionpoundschallenge.co.uk/ via the WRU website and the BBC. It's great to see how everyone pulls together for support.

I've been resting at my parents house, and my sister and 14 month old niece came from London to stay with us too which has been great. My sister insists that I look fabulous throughout the whole ordeal so I'm glammed up in make-up and my hair prestine whilst recovering on the sofa, but actually I do feel alot better in a bit of mascara!

So today, well it's D-Day, I'm back at the hospital this afternoon to find out if the cancer has spread into my lymph nodes and also to ensure that the whole tumor is out. It's weird but today will map out the rest of my life;

1. Good news that its all out and not spread which means that I've got about 9 months recovery and then after that I will live life to the full everyday and be thankful for it (after a fabulous holiday with my husband!).

2. Or if its spread, who knows how long it will take to fight it and recover? and that scares me alot. I'm scared to have to fight for my life.

I'm trying my hardest to be positive...and crossed fingers and prayers aren't going to change the results that are probably sat in an in-tray on my surgeons desk.

Sorry to sound so down, but I can't explain how I really feel without sounding depressed; today is a huge day for me, and I just hope I get the 'Get out of jail free' card...

No comments:

Post a Comment