About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Burgundy Bomber

Cr*p. I can't drive our car.

My arm is too sore and aches loads and i've been told that i can't lift anything heavy for a long time.

And our car is sh*t; it doesn't have power steering. So i'm not allowed to drive it.

My hub and I have fab jobs, a lovely home and we drive a banged out, R reg, rusty burgundy fiesta. The hub calls him (although I think the car is female, so her...) the Burgundy Bomber, like he's proud of the way its chuggs along at 50 miles an hour max.

Although the car is a shambles; I recently got locked inside the drivers seat and had to wind down the window to open the car from the outside to get out!, I do actually like it cause its so cheap to run. She (it's my blog!!) only takes about £25 to fill the tank and lasts for about 2 weeks. So all in all its an OK car. But we need to buy something new soon.

And I'm suffering from neighbour car-envy. Our younger, better looking, newlywed neighbours have just indulged in a new Honda 4X4. And I want one too. I made the hub sneakily look in their drive at 7am this morning to see it. But instead of giving me the thumbs up and a blank cheque to go and buy one...he just grumbled at me.

All of our neighbours must me mortified! We live in a lovely new development where everyone has neatly mowed grass, mini tree pots outside their houses and a car no older than 5 minutes in their drives...and then there's us...

So fingers crossed my hub will agree to go new-car-shopping next week. Otherwise i'm house bound, and i'm certainly not getting a cycle. Someone told me that they got a free car on freecycle...might take a look..... in the meantime, i'm staying in....

No comments:

Post a Comment