About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Sores, Aches and Pains...

I did say in the 6th March postings of 'The Crop' that "i don't care if i look like i've been mauled by 20 tigers"

Well I thankfully don't 'look' like I have been mauled by 20 tigers, but I sure as hell 'feel' like I have!

Since the dressing was removed from my 2 'peanut sized tumor' war wounds, I am in agony.

Every way I try to manouver myself to get comfortable I silently 'shriek' in pain. So my poor mum had to strap a flannel to me last night to help me sleep after trying for 2 hours to find a comfortable position to snooze.

Am feeling sorry for myself, and I have no reason to be...!

Isn't it bizarre how this time last week, this time last month even, I was petrified that I wouldn't make it to my first wedding anniversary, that really made me sad, but it was my secret fear.

And it was my grandpa's 80th birthday last week and I was supposed to send him a copy of our wedding dvd with his card to him in Greece as he couldn't make our wedding day...but i didn't post it...because i was worried that my news would be bad news and he'd cry watching it knowing that i was suffering and fighting for my life against cancer, and only a few months after an amazing wedding day.

Well wow wee, how one day can change from the next! So i'm going to post the dvd and belated birthday card to him tomorrow morning, If i can lever myself out of bed! My Aunty Mary came to the rescue today with an arm sling to harness up my aching arm so i am very grateful to her, and after a few 'Napolian' jokes from my mum...i did feel better.

So aside from my whinging war wounds, i'm doing ok today. But if anyone knows a cure for pain in a 'gashed' armpit and boob, let me know. Because I can't seem to find a position I'm comfortable in!

No comments:

Post a Comment