About Me

My name is Katherine Bown (maiden: Formosa) and on 23rd February ‘09, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. This is my story, my diary, which I hope will be support to those who are battling breast cancer or those waiting for their biposy results that are eager to find out more…

And to my friends and family, I thank you all for you continuous support and sometimes when I’m in hibernation and don’t feel like talking, this is a great way to keep you all up-to-date with my news.

For those who don't know me, I’m 33 years old, I live in Cardiff and I recently got married. I run a website, www.urbantraffic.co.uk and I also work part-time as a Communications Manager.

Thursday 12 March 2009

It's Gone!

Well firstly I have to say having private healthcare is fantastic. My whole hospital experience was like I was staying in a hotel and was waited on hand and foot, so I was right to go buying new PJ's and packing as though I was going on holiday! Therefore a big thank you to Spire Hospital (formerly Bupa) in Cardiff and all of their amazing work.

So yes, it's gone, my peanut sized tumor is probably sat in a jar in a lab waiting to be analyed whilst me, I'm at my mum's recovering with magazines and cups of tea...so who won that one then peanut sized tumor?!!

I do feel very sore and stiff but it's great to be home with the big relief that its gone. All I'm waiting on now is to get better and pray for good news that the cancer hasn't spread.

And on another good note, my million pounds challenge is doing well, so far i've raised £365 since 10th March which is fantastic so thanks to everyone and please keep sending the link on.

Also, please look out for the Welsh Rugby Team wearing pink Breast Cancer ribbons during the anthem at the Italy game this weekend and also pink tape on their arms to show their support, which is fantastic. Thank you to Caroline Morgan and Ryan Jones for this fantastic idea, for those who don't know my hub is an analyst for the national team , don't ask me to explain what he does because i'd just be making it up, but he makes me very proud, and I wish all the boys luck on Saturday and hope to see them at the Ireland game next week if i'm well enough.

Have a great weekend everyone x

3 comments:

  1. Good to know that you are now an official "cancer survivor"! Congratulations Kath. Also, very well done on the fundraising idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant.

    I never thought I'd be happy to see my adopted home nation play in pink, but I'll be cheering extra loud this weekend!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about you on Twitter. I was with my mother last week when she had her breast cancer confirmed...she was very scared but is also, like you, very positive and strong. I will be following your journey with interest and wish you well. You seem to have an amazing approach to all this which will of course stand you in good stead. Am just off to donate now. Bye for now, Ben

    ReplyDelete